Wednesday, January 4, 2012
I am pleased to announce the arrival
of the first tomato of the season
- Grosse Lisse
delivered safely by the Fat Fruit Greenhouse.
Sister for Capsicum and Chilli.
The facts are:
- Two tomatoes were picked.
- The larger one on the left was from the Fat Fruit Greenhouse the other out of the garden.
- Both plants were grafted Grosse Lisse planted at the same time.
- The Greenhouse delivered the larger fruit and the plant has lots more good sized fruit on it already.
- The plant in the garden, although coming a dead heat in the race for first fruit, provided a smaller specimen AND has no other fruit set.
So the Green house wins...
Delicious, sweet little Broad Ripple Tomatoes.
More capsicums on the way.
These seeds germinated in two days!